For impactful insights into Indiana’s coal ash crisis, don’t miss:
"IN THE WATER”
Wed., April 28th
- a film by Indiana Public Broadcasting and hosted by WFYI
- followed by discussion and updates from a panel which includes Dr. Indra Frank
You will need to register at:
Indiana is the worst state in the country on coal ash contamination with...
- over 80 unlined coal ash pits
- leaching hazardous chemicals (e.g. mercury, cadmium, and arsenic) into the groundwater at 10-20. times standard health levels,
- mostly situated in the 100-year floodplain.
There was a limited screening of this film last October; but even if you saw it then, you might want to see such an excellent presentation again and get current updates from the panel.
Liz Solberg, Kristina Lindborg, Cheryl Chapman, also on behalf of Lisa Harris Co-Chairs
Natural Resources Advocacy Coordination
League of Women Voters of Indiana